ResBaK Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

From YOU to US

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CMFiend420
Birth
CMFiend420Birth

From YOU to US Empty
PostSubject: From YOU to US   From YOU to US I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 5:06 pm

We've been here the whole time, developing ResBak the way WE want. This is your time to tell us what YOU want to see in ResBak! What features or something to that extent here at ResBak? What systems have you seen in other MORPG's that you don't think you can go without. Dont be afraid and let your ideas run loose! All ideas will be posted in a poll and voted on the best 3, the suggestor of the 3 best features or idea's will be put in a special "Contest Winner" forum rank as well as receive a special in game bonus (currently left anonymous). SUGGEST AWAY<3
Back to top Go down
Setsuna
Birth
SetsunaBirth

From YOU to US Empty
PostSubject: Re: From YOU to US   From YOU to US I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 10:15 pm

One feature that definitely in my opinion would add great depth and realism to the game is some sort of weather system? I know theres currently a day/night system implemented. But the idea of seeing effects of rain/snow/wind?/acid rain/etc.. would give the game an aspect that not very many eclipse games has to offer.
-This would of coarse be used minimally to be able to play comfortably while the affects are in place.

I'm a huge fan of party based quests/dungeons, idea where you MUST gather a party in order to proceed through a dungeon whether to do a small puzzle that requires more then 1 person. Same goes for quests as well, this would add the aspect where a small community can come together to accomplish one goal.
This can also be added to some sort of team based event, where the whole game community has to come together to accomplish a task in order for the WHOLE server to receive benefits (increase exp gain temporarily, increase HP/MANA temporarily, etc..)

My 2 cents, I'm sure I can come up with others!
Back to top Go down
San×Ju
Birth
San×JuBirth

From YOU to US Empty
PostSubject: Re: From YOU to US   From YOU to US I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 11:24 pm

Alright.. I was typing and I hit backspace so well... time to retype what I had Embarassed

I was thinking on weapon enhancements. I was reading a SAO fanfiction recently and the author had a good system in place for that story. You would have to get certain items to be able to enhance a weapon. The items would be different based on how rare it was and what enhancement number it was on. You have a +0 sword that needs xx flowers to go to +1, after +1 you now need xx hides. This would continue until you hit the max enhancement. A % system was implemented - If you had 10 flowers you'd have a 25% of a successful enhancement. The more you had the better the chance for a successful try. If you failed an enhancement than one of these 5 slots you had would be filled blank. you would now have 4 more tries at an enhancement.

A weapon would get a certain amount of enhancements based on rarity or just what type of weapon it is. Ex. basic sword has +5 slots for enhancement. These slots after they get enhanced give you the option on what bonus stats you would like to implement. Furthering customization of your character. Some bonuses could be regular stat based or you could do things like making weapon lighter for faster attacking better defense with that weapon.

Not sure if I missed anything. Tell me what you guys think of it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
`FaKku
Birth
`FaKkuBirth

From YOU to US Empty
PostSubject: Re: From YOU to US   From YOU to US I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 2:39 am

-Summons- (Pet-System)
Summons might be a good feature each summon does something different.

Examples:
-Fox- (Buff)
Str -0 (or -5 whatever feels appropriate ^.^)
Def -0
Agi +5
Int +5
Stamina/energy used -5 cool down time 5mins

-Fairy-
Heals +5 every 30sec

-Little Panda-
Stamina/Energy +5 every 30sec

-Turtle-
Carry's your loot (like an extra little bag ^_~)

(Edit) I like the idea of finding hidden summons in difficult places nobody would think to look or buying them from NPC, you could maybe even add any level (1-10 10-20 20-30 ect ect) of summons for donators if they want some nice good looking summons From YOU to US Icon_awesomeface

Last edited by `FaKku on Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CMFiend420
Birth
CMFiend420Birth

From YOU to US Empty
PostSubject: Re: From YOU to US   From YOU to US I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 9:59 pm

Setsuna wrote:
One feature that definitely in my opinion would add great depth and realism to the game is some sort of weather system? I know theres currently a day/night system implemented. But the idea of seeing effects of rain/snow/wind?/acid rain/etc.. would give the game an aspect that not very many eclipse games has to offer.
-This would of coarse be used minimally to be able to play comfortably while the affects are in place.

I'm a huge fan of party based quests/dungeons, idea where you MUST gather a party in order to proceed through a dungeon whether to do a small puzzle that requires more then 1 person. Same goes for quests as well, this would add the aspect where a small community can come together to accomplish one goal.
This can also be added to some sort of team based event, where the whole game community has to come together to accomplish a task in order for the WHOLE server to receive benefits (increase exp gain temporarily, increase HP/MANA temporarily, etc..)

My 2 cents, I'm sure I can come up with others!

I totally agree on the weather idea, I think that's a fantastic idea. I think that certain weather patterns should also effect the durability of your armor. So lets say your wearing your iron armor and its raining out, thats obviously not good (metal vs. rain) so your durability of your armor is directly affected more so if it was sunny out. Or if it was snowing, and you were wearing light cloth armor, then your obviously going to lose durability there as well and vice versa.

I also agree on the party based quest/dungeons, I was thinking of having specific dungeons that NEED each class. So lets say you have a noob dungeon, and you need to heal a fallen warrior who has the key to open the gate, then you need a Whisperer (wizard advancement I believe?) to be able to heal that fallen warrior, further throughout that dungeon, you need someone to light a torch, you'd use a Wizard, and so on and so forth.

San×Ju wrote:
Alright.. I was typing and I hit backspace so well... time to retype what I had Embarassed

I was thinking on weapon enhancements. I was reading a SAO fanfiction recently and the author had a good system in place for that story. You would have to get certain items to be able to enhance a weapon. The items would be different based on how rare it was and what enhancement number it was on. You have a +0 sword that needs xx flowers to go to +1, after +1 you now need xx hides. This would continue until you hit the max enhancement. A % system was implemented - If you had 10 flowers you'd have a 25% of a successful enhancement. The more you had the better the chance for a successful try. If you failed an enhancement than one of these 5 slots you had would be filled blank. you would now have 4 more tries at an enhancement.

A weapon would get a certain amount of enhancements based on rarity or just what type of weapon it is. Ex. basic sword has +5 slots for enhancement. These slots after they get enhanced give you the option on what bonus stats you would like to implement. Furthering customization of your character. Some bonuses could be regular stat based or you could do things like making weapon lighter for faster attacking better defense with that weapon.

Not sure if I missed anything. Tell me what you guys think of it Very Happy

I really like this idea, I like it alot. You not only need lets say an item and an enchant stone to enchant something, you need that extra step. And that extra step could make the item worth 1 galleon, or that extra step could make something worth 1 million galleons, depending on its rarity. We could also have the weapon break after a certain point, or a chance to, this would make it so you'd have to farm back for the weapon, the extra items, and the stones. Great idea.

`FaKku wrote:
-Summon Scrolls-
Summons might be a good feature each summon does something different.

Examples:
-Fox- (Buff)
Str -0 (or -5 whatever feels appropriate ^.^)
Def -0
Agi +5
Int +5
Stamina/energy used -5 cool down time 5mins

-Fairy-
Heals +5 every 30sec

-Little Panda-
Stamina/Energy +5 every 30sec

-Turtle-
Carry's your loot (like an extra little bag ^_~)

(Edit) I like the idea of finding hidden summons in difficult places nobody would think to look or buying them from NPC, you could maybe even add any level (1-10 10-20 20-30 ect ect) of summons for donators if they want some nice good looking summons From YOU to US Icon_awesomeface

Yeah this is most def. a possibility. I was also thinking on the idea of pets as well that affect your stats, good idea.
Back to top Go down
Setsuna
Birth
SetsunaBirth

From YOU to US Empty
PostSubject: Re: From YOU to US   From YOU to US I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 10:24 am

Definitely liked the ability to customize your weaps/armor with enchantments. Although, I'm not to fond of CM's suggestion of durability aspect of weaps/armor. Always hated that feature in some games I've played. But thats just me.

Summon scrolls is I'm guessing similar to a simple pet system, with that in mind. The added "extra bank storage" that the little pet would feature would be something quite nice. Although, I'm thinking each pet could have it's own feature? Whether it be strictly used for fighting, or defense, or healing, or magic, or banking. As well as the possibility to do multiple abilities (rarer pet of coarse.)
Back to top Go down
San×Ju
Birth
San×JuBirth

From YOU to US Empty
PostSubject: Re: From YOU to US   From YOU to US I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 5:34 pm

The durability aspect could include repairing as well. It would than be up to the player to care for his equipment so that it doesn't break. Be more realistic as well since everything does degrade over time. This could also fit in to what CM was saying about weather affecting armour and weapons.

Back to top Go down
CMFiend420
Birth
CMFiend420Birth

From YOU to US Empty
PostSubject: Re: From YOU to US   From YOU to US I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 6:51 pm

Setsuna wrote:
Definitely liked the ability to customize your weaps/armor with enchantments. Although, I'm not to fond of CM's suggestion of durability aspect of weaps/armor. Always hated that feature in some games I've played. But thats just me.

Summon scrolls is I'm guessing similar to a simple pet system, with that in mind. The added "extra bank storage" that the little pet would feature would be something quite nice. Although, I'm thinking each pet could have it's own feature? Whether it be strictly used for fighting, or defense, or healing, or magic, or banking. As well as the possibility to do multiple abilities (rarer pet of coarse.)

As far as I know, durability isn't currently in the game, so no worries yet.

San×Ju wrote:
The durability aspect could include repairing as well. It would than be up to the player to care for his equipment so that it doesn't break. Be more realistic as well since everything does degrade over time. This could also fit in to what CM was saying about weather affecting armour and weapons.

That's exactly what I was saying, hit it on the head!
Back to top Go down
Setsuna
Birth
SetsunaBirth

From YOU to US Empty
PostSubject: Re: From YOU to US   From YOU to US I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 12:31 am

Ahh I must of missed that point, now with that in mind. I suppose the idea of durability wouldn't be too bad, having more realism is better in my opinion. I guess it wouldn't hurt!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

From YOU to US Empty
PostSubject: Re: From YOU to US   From YOU to US I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

From YOU to US

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ResBaK Online :: General :: General Chat-